Drunken Scotland

No longer in use. Please see new site, www.columbiacritic.blogspot.com

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Dickens' command of language is wholly overpowering.

See how he has David Copperfield describe his infatuation with Dora Spenlow:

"I don't remember who was there, except Dora. I have not the least idea what we had for dinner, besides Dora. My impression is, that I dined off Dora entirely, and sent away half a dozen plates untouched. I sat next to her. I talked to her. She had the most delightful little voice, the gayest little laugh, the pleasantest and most fascinating little ways, that ever led a lost youth into hopeless slavery. She was rather diminutive altogether. So much the more precious, I thought."

Words worth a thousand pictures.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home