Drunken Scotland

No longer in use. Please see new site, www.columbiacritic.blogspot.com

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Despite my intense unproductivity here in Scotland, I have tried to do more with my time than play Halo and drink. Not much, but a few things. For instance, I have now read 9 novels/short story collections here: Hard Times, Tale of Two Cities, Great Expectations, and David Copperfield by Charles Dickens; and Nightmare Town, Continental Op, Glass Key; and Red Harvest by Dashiell Hammett; and DaVinci Code by Dan Brown (entertaining, but overrated).

If you enjoy detective or mystery novels, or even enjoy a fast-paced read, check out Hammett, the original king of the detective murder novel. He also wrote The Maltese Falcon, which I am just starting now.

Additionally, I have started writing feature articles for the student newspaper here. My first, on the spread of Facebook to the world, runs tomorrow. You can find it online tomorrow morning at www.studentnewspaper.org. I am starting work now on my second article, a full-page piece for next week on legal music downloading.

Update: Wait, my article is already online. Ha, click on the link below to read.

Cheers!

.
Link

1 Comments:

  • At 4:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Literature is born only from wounds. To hell with all those who loved you with reason and didn't bleed or lose their balance." - Ahlam Mosteghanemi

     

Post a Comment

<< Home