Drunken Scotland

No longer in use. Please see new site, www.columbiacritic.blogspot.com

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Just in case you go to Mt. Holyoke...vote for Layne Hilton for Social Chair. Here's my reason:

Like Van Wilder of National Lampoon fame, Layne Hilton is all about the parties—throwing them, that is. I know, because I’ve had the pleasure of wearing beads and a mask at the Mardi Gras shindig she threw at the University of Edinburgh. While it wasn’t quite up to New Orleans standards of indecency, it was surely one hell of a good time. It also illustrates why I wholeheartedly support Layne for Social Chair (aka Party Animal in Chief) of Mt. Holyoke: she loves to party, but the parties are not about her, they are about other people having a good time. What more could you ask from a hostess? What more, dare I inquire, could you ask from any one woman?

As a brother of the New York Phi chapter of Sigma Phi Epsilon at Columbia University, I’ve seen my share of good times to be had, whether they be themed parties, a formal black tie affair, or even an informal BBQ. The key to all these events is an organizer worth his (or in this case her) snuff. Can she work behind the scenes to stage an event everyone will enjoy? Well I’ve had the pleasure to become well acquainted with Layne over many long nights of competitive pool matches, and while her trash talking abilities are quite impressive, even they pale in comparison to her ability to socialize and entertain. Ladies, you can’t find a better candidate for Social Chair than Layne Hilton. It just can’t be done.

Who knows, if she gets elected, I might have to drag our chapter up for a party sometime. Of course, it is kind of hard to fit 45 guys into a car, but hell, if Layne’s throwing the party, someone has to be there to enjoy the fruits of her labor.

Vote for Layne, the third (and only intelligent) Hilton sister

1 Comments:

  • At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I Didn't realize your Mount Holyoke readership was so large. Hope you have a great trip--and i'll see when I get back on the 15th.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home